To produce technically competent and skilled engineers to meet the challenges of the IT industry.
Department of Information Technology at Karpagam Institute of Technology, one of the best Btech colleges in Coimbatore, was started in the year 2009. The Department commits to work towards developing Engineers with a rich blend of competent, technical, managerial and social skills and contribute to nation building. Department takes the best initiatives to improve the soft skills, analytical capabilities and verbal communication of the students so that they can face the competition in the corporate world confidently.
To meet the objectives, the department and the college pays special emphasis on teaching and hands on practical work. Students exhibit their innovative ideas, skills and potentials as final year projects and have won many awards at University levels. The excellent infrastructure of the college, experienced team of faculty dedicates to strengthen effective teaching and learning process ensuring the best quality education. We believe that this approach to teaching-learning, coupled with best practical experience gained during Industrial Training in reputed organizations, equips our students to handle the challenges posed by the IT industry. KIT, one of the top B.Tech colleges in Coimbatore aims to improve the practical skills of the students through various activities in the college thereby elevating their personality and career.
- Establishing innovative teaching learning practices with competent faculty and state of the art facilities.
- Enriching knowledge on latest technological advancements through industrial collaborations.
- Developing moral and ethical values through extension activities.
- PEO1: The graduates will have a successful career in the field of Information Technology and related domains.
- PEO2: The graduates will provide solutions by applying analytical skills for the real-world problems in IT Industry.
- PEO3: The graduates will involve in lifelong learning and as part of team in multidisciplinary projects with ethical values.
- PSO1: Identify, formulate and solve engineering problems by applying programming concepts and algorithmic principles in the field of IT.
- PSO2: Analyze, design and develop Software applications, Networking and Data Management technologies for efficient IT based systems.
- Operating System Lab
- Data Structures Lab
- Mobile Application Development Lab
- Algorithm Lab
- Database Management System Lab
- Big Data Analytics Lab
- Web Programming Lab
- Network Security Lab
- Compiler Design Lab
- Case Tools Lab
- IoT Lab
- Infosys Limited
- Linux Xpert Systems
- Gateway Software Solutions- Delivery partner of HP
- Hyagrivas Technologies
- Finger print sensor vehicle starter system
- Intelligent Face detection security system
- Gazone – An automatic waiting system