To develop the department into a full-fledged centre of learning in various fields of Electrical & Electronics Engineering keeping the latest developments in view. To model Electrical Engineers with self proficiency in Education, Research, Development and Dedication. To become a front-runner in bringing out globally competent electrical and electronics engineers, innovators, researchers, and entrepreneurs and thereby contribute value to the knowledge-based economy and society.
The department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, one of the prestigious departments in Karpagam Institute of Technology was started in the year 2008. The department provides Bachelor’s programme in Electrical & Electronics Engineering for 4 years. There are 8 top qualified, dedicated faculty members in the college specialized in various fields of Electrical & Electronics Engineering for so many years. The EEE department aims at providing skill based training along with the curriculum in the college to bring out strong, competent students of engineering with sound knowledge in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering for a better future.
Students of EEE are motivated to participate in extra-curricular and several co-curricular activities like project expo in various domains, paper presentations, workshops, national and international level seminars. The EEE department provides internships, trainings, and industrial visits for students every year. MoU’s have been signed by the EEE department with number of companies to provide Industrial Certification Training to the student’s right here on the Campus. The department also provides GATE and IES coaching for students who wish to pursue higher education in Tier-I colleges and for those who are preparing for Central Government jobs.
- To put best efforts to provide intellectual, ethical and technological environment to the students.
- To bridge the gap between academia and industry by providing adequate training to the students and by promoting collaborative and multi-disciplinary activities.
- To inculcate research orientation to both staffs and students.
- PEO1: To have successful technical and professional careers in their chosen fields such as circuit theory, Field theory, control theory and computational platforms.
- PEO2: To Engross in life long process of learning to keep themselves abreast of new developments in the field of Electronics and their applications in power engineering.
- PSO1: To solve real world’s challenge in the field of electrical and electronics using enhanced engineering, science and Mathematical knowledge.
- PSO2: To bring forth innovations by simulation and hardware development to dispense boosted applications in scientific and research area.
- ELECTRICAL MACHINES LAB
- ENGINEERING PRACTICES LAB
- POWER ELECTRONICS LAB
- CONTROL AND INSTRUMENTATION LAB
- MEASUREMENTS AND INSTRUMENTATION LAB
- POWER SYSTEM SIMULATION LAB
This MoU is made on this day of 12.09.2018 by and between Industrial Electronics Corporation Pvt. Ltd., a company having its registered office at SIDCO, Industrial Estate, K.Pudur, Melur Road, Madurai and Tamilnadu 625007 (hereinafter referred to as “IEC”) and represented by its Chairman & Managing Director Er.V. Ramprakash.