Electrical and Electronics Engineering
About the Department
The department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, one of the prestigious departments in Karpagam Institute of Technology started in the year 2008. The department provides Bachelor program in Electrical & Electronics Engineering for 4 years. In addition, there is provision for entry of diploma qualified students into the second year. At present, there are 12 well qualified, dedicated faculty members specialized in various fields of Electrical & Electronics Engineering. The department aims at providing skill based training along with the curriculum to bring out strong, competent students with sound knowledge in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
Students are motivated to participate in extra-curricular and several co-curricular activities like project expo in various domains, paper presentations, workshops, national and international level seminars. The department provides Internships, trainings, and industrial visits for students every year. MoU’s have been signed with number of companies to provide Industrial Certification Training to the student’s right here on the Campus. Department also provides GATE and IES coaching for students who wish to pursue higher education in Tier-I colleges and for those who are preparing for central government jobs.
To become a front runner in bringing out, comprehensively trained, socially responsible innovators, researchers and entrepreneurs, who can contribute for nation’s and global development.
To put best efforts to promote intellectual, ethical and technological environment to the students.
To bridge the gap between academia and industry by providing adequate training to the students and by promoting collaborative and multi-disciplinary activities.
To inculcate research orientation in both staffs and students.
From The HOD’s Desk
Greetings from the EEE department, Karpagam Institute of Technology, Coimbatore. It gives me immense pride and pleasure to lead the Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department of this prestigious institution. The key objectives of our department is to produce highly skilled technocrats with good ethical values. The department has a fine blend of renowned as well as young and dynamic personalities as faculty, who are involved in imparting quality education. We motivate students to improve life skills, leadership skills and human values along with excelling in curriculum. For that we give skill based training, seminars on human relationships, counseling etc. We also strive hard to bring out the full potential of our students by encouraging them to exhibit entrepreneurship skills and by providing necessary career guidance.
This course is a good balance of theoretical background and practical experience throughout the four years of study. Students are equipped with the practical skills necessary to begin working effectively as a graduate engineer immediately after completion. We ensure that our graduates have the understanding necessary to maintain their skills and competencies throughout their professional career. On behalf of the Electrical Engineering department, I welcome our new students and visitors, and wish our current students and graduates well.
Dr. A. Amudha Chakkaravarthy M.E., Ph.D.
Inauguration of All departments were held on 21.07.2017
One day Hands on training on Simulation of Power electronic Circuits using MATLAB/ simulink on 11.08.2017
STTP On Basic Electrical Residential wiring, Earthing and Safety Precautions on 29.08.2017 and 30.08.2017
A seminar on “Building Management System and Industrial Automation” on 31.08.2017.
One student project got selected in Tamil Nadu Student Innovator 2017 and received cash award of Rs.25,000/-.
ANNA UNIVERSITY sponsored Seven days FDTP on "EE6604-Design of Electrical machines” Conducted from 06.12.2017 to 12.12.2017.
Energy Auditing made for our college along with our third year EEE students and project report submitted to TANGEDCO. Students received a consolation prize of Rupees 1000/-.
Outreach programme on “Awareness on Energy conservation and Electrical Safety” for Home makers on 22/12/2017.
- Engineering Practices Laboratory
- Electrical Machines-I Laboratory
- Electrical Machines-II Laboratory
- Control Systems Laboratory
- Measurements and Instrumentation Laboratory
- Power Electronics Laboratory
- Electric Drives and Control Laboratory
- Power System Simulation Laboratory
- Prolific Systems and Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Mas Solar Systems Private Limited.
- Intelligent Garbage Collection System- Recognized in Tamil Nadu State student Innovator Award.
- A Three Phase Hybrid Cascaded Modular Multilevel Inverter for Renewable Energy Environment.
- Grid connected P-V wind-battery based multi input transformer coupled Bi-Directional DC-DC converter for household applications
- Monitoring Discrepancy in Closing of Rotor Contractor of Slip Ring Induction Motor Used in Specialized Mining Equipment with the help of DLC and SCADA.
- Design and Development of module for Electrical Energy Transmission
- Design of Circuit for Energy Audit in Industries
- Development of Auto Synchronization Circuit for 210 MW Turbo-generator with 230 kV Transmission Line
- Design and Development of Portable Solar Crop Cutter.
- Implementation of Multi input DC-Dc Converter
- PLC based automation of fuel oil pump house (FOPH) drives in TPS – II
- Operation and monitoring of 400kV switching yard using ZIGBEE protocol.
- Design and Development of Multi-Flux Induction Motor for Performance Improvement.
- Design and Development of Multi-Flux Induction Motor for Performance Improvement
- Fuzzy logic based Motor Speed Control with real-time interface using 32-bit Arm 7 Processor
- Home Energy Management System Based on Power Line Communication
- Analysis and Simplification of Three-Dimensional Space Vector PWM for 3 phase four leg inverters.