About the Department
The Department of Mechanical Engineering was started in the year 2009 to offer an undergraduate degree program. The Department has grown from strength to strength right from its inception. It currently has 18 well qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty members. Ten faculty members are intensively involved in research to pursue their doctoral degree. The Department provides a stimulating environment for research activities under the supervision of Professors who are Ph.D. holders from the prestigious institutions. The Department has established facilities to propagate emerging technologies by incorporating software for cutting-edge technologies in the field of Computer Aided Design and Computer Aided Manufacturing. The software available includes SOLIDWORKS, ANSYS, MATLAB, EdgeCAM, LABVIEW, and AUTOSIM.
To emerge as a centre to develop excellent Mechanical Engineering graduates with professional knowledge and comprehensive integrated personality.
To impart strong foundation of the subjects by integrating a variety of project experiences at every level throughout the curriculum.
To create expert engineers capable of providing solutions for practical issues with lateral thinking skills.
To make the students as lifelong learners with strong attitude in building their career using sound knowledge in core subjects.
From The HOD’s Desk
Welcome to the Department of Mechanical Engineering. We started our journey in the year 2009. The primary focus of our curriculum is to impart technical know-how to students, promote their problem-solving skills and innovation of new technologies. The students are encouraged to undertake various research projects. Our department has a distinguished record in both teaching and research. A wide selection of projects, seminars and training facilities besides technical visits to industrial enterprises and specialized lectures from industry specialists generate enormous potential and confidence among the students enabling them to independently handle the life-size problems in their engineering careers. The faculty members of the department have organized National and International conferences, AICTE funded Faculty Development Programmes and number of National and International publications. The Department has well equipped laboratories for the students. Also, we provide value added courses such as AUTO CAD, Modeling using Solid Works, Pro-E, ANSYS, etc. for the knowledge enrichment of students.
Dr.S.Kalidass., M.E., Ph.D
- Engineering Practices Laboratory (Welding, Sheet Metal, Foundry and Fitting Shop)
- Machine Shop (Manufacturing Technology Lab I & II)
- Dynamics Laboratory
- Strength of Materials Laboratory
- Thermal Engineering Laboratory
- Heat Power Laboratory
- Mechatronics Laboratory
- Metrology and Measurements Laboratory
- Fluid Mechanics and Machinery Laboratory
- CAD Laboratory
- CAM Laboratory
- Simulation and Analysis Laboratory
- CADD Centre
- Max CADD
- Kriatec Services
1. Design and Fabrication of 90-degree Steering Mechanism to assist Parking
2. Design and Analysis of Gelande Chassis using Explicit Dynamics
3. Design, Fabrication and Experimental analysis of parabolic trough Solar Collector
4. Productivity Enhancement of CNC Lathe-shop by Adopting Cellular Layout
5. Design and fabrication of Solar air dryer with Auto tracking
6. Excogitation and Analysis of Geared Turbo Charger
7. A Performance Characteristic Study of a Motorized Mini Triangular Air Compressor Using Pneumatic Cylinders
8. Design and Analysis of an Automobile Wheel Rim with Spiral Flexures
9. Reduction of Scouring Effect in offshore Wind Turbine using CFD
10. Failure Analysis Design on a Centrifugal Pump Bearing – A Case Study
11. A New Improved Method of Seam Welding in Auxiliary Boiler
12. Simulation and Analysis of Heat Energy Conservation in Klin of cement plant
13. Modification of Pipe Layout to Improve the Flowrate in TNPL Pulp Manufacturing Unit
14. Design and Simulation of Turmeric Cultivating Machine
15. Performance Analysis of Hydrogen and Naphthalene Fuelled Two Stroke Spark Ignition Engine
16. Performance Study of a Diesel Engine Using Mustard Oil as an Alternative Fuel
17. Investigation on Static & Dynamic Behaviour of Stiffened Panels
18. Prediction & Comparison of Elastic Properties of 2d & 3d Woven Composites
19. Optimization of Automotive Chassis Considering Materials & Cross Sections
20. Experimental Studies on Multifunctional Al – Agro Waste Composites