Electronics and Communication Engineering
About the Department
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering which was started in the year 2008 offers a UG programme (B.E.) in Electronics and Communication Engineering. The Department has a team of highly talented, experienced and qualified faculty members. There has been consistent development in all spheres including infrastructure, staff and the strength of the student.The Department believes in serious academic pursuit and encourages radical and creative thinking which paves the way for creativity and innovative ideas. The qualities inculcated into the students make them not only good engineers but also good human beings.The excellent placement record of the Department, which has been consistently above 80 % for the past several years, is the ample testimony to emphasize that the Department strives hard to meet the industrial needs.
The ultimate vision of the Electronics and Communication Engineering Department is to produce graduates with sound knowledge for the betterment of the society and to meet the dynamic demands of the industry and the field of research.
To impart high-quality education with ethical behaviour.
To provide technical, research and intellectual resources that will enable the students to have a successful career in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
To provide a passionate environment for continuous and progressive learning.
From The HOD’s Desk
Welcome to the department of electronics and communication engineering at Karpagam Institute of Technology, Coimbatore. The department was established in the year 2008.The department is located with highly established lab facilities and with dedicated faculty members. The Department works with the challenges and requirements of society and the academia. Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering is one of dynamic departments in KIT with dedicated faculty members.
The department faculty work with excellent team potency in different technical team like Electronic Devices, Signal processing, VLSI, Communication Embedded System and Networks which leads to key research publications and consultancy in these areas. The department provides conductive environment for students to apply their analytical and practical skills to real world problems. To encourage students, the department organizes workshops, hands on training, guest lectures, brainstorming programs, symposiums and International Conferences periodically.
Dr.S.Gopinath M.E., Ph.D.
- Electronics Lab
- Microprocessors & Microcontrollers Lab.
- Analog & Digital Communication Lab.
- Optical & Microwave Lab.
- Computer Networks Lab.
- Caliber Embedded Technologies India Pvt. Ltd, Coimbatore
- Thick India, Coimbatore
- Wax Wing Automation , Sivakasi
- Fiabilite Network Solution Pvt, Ltd, Bangolore.
- Texas Instrumentation
- Efficient AGRO farm Irrigation System Maintenance Emphasizing Failure Detection and Energy Conservation
- Intelligent Control of Vehicle using Brain Computer Interface
- The Geographical Location based Energy Aware Routing for Wireless Sensor Networks
- An Autonomous Networking Military Security System using Self Reconfigurable Robot
- Power Allocation based Green Cognitive Mobile Network in Smart Grid Technologies
- Development Of Measuring Device In Automobiles During Fueling
- Design And Development Of Wireless Printer Adapter Using Raspberry Pi Microcontroller
- Design and Development of Biometric Voting Machine.
- ECE students have uploaded their project demonstration in youtube for Texas Instruments Innovation Challenge -2015. The link is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifaKOxVNWtM&feature=youtu.be
- V.P.Vignesh have submitted two projects in “Tamil Nadu State Council for Science and Technology ”for best project award on 18.08.2015.
- Ebenezer and his team received Rs.8, 000 /- cash prize Scholarship for best project from IEEE Madras Section.