Computer Science Engineering
About the Department
The B.E. program in Computer Science and Engineering was started in the year 2009. The main focus of the department is to produce graduates with strong fundamentals in Computer Science and Engineering domain. Computer Science and Engineering programme is designed to create globally competent manpower for the information and communication technology (ICT) industry. The course is an outcome based structure to help students to achieve this goal.
To provide excellent knowledge and enrich the computer programme skills of the students in the field of CSE with a focus to prepare the students for industry need, carry out research, recognized as an innovative leader, responsible citizen and improve the environment.
Prepare the students with strong fundamental concepts, analytical capability, programming and problem solving skills.
Create an ambience of education through faculty training, self learning, sound academic practices and research endeavours.
Provide opportunities to promote organizational and leadership skills in students through various extra-curricular and co-curricular events.
To make the students as far as possible industry ready to enhance their employability in the industries.
To improve department industry collaboration through internship program and interaction with professional society through seminar/workshop.
Imbibe social awareness and responsibility in students to serve the society and protect environment.
From The HOD’s Desk
The gains in education are never really lost. The object of teaching a student is to enable him to get along without his teacher.
Building positive relationships with students bring me joy. It is their needs and diverse experiences that make my job exciting and rewarding and gave me a wonderful opportunity for exchanging and sharpening the knowledge; for stimulating interest and curiosity in a variety of subjects which are essential to true education.
Dr. P. MayilvelKumar M.E., Ph.D
- Operating System Lab
- Data Structures Lab
- Mobile Application Development Lab
- Algorithm Lab
- Database Management System Lab
- Big Data Analytics Lab
- Web Programming Lab
- Network Security Lab
- Compiler Design Lab
- Case Tools Lab
- IoT Lab
- Infosys Limited
- Linux Xpert Systems
- Gateway Software Solutions- Delivery partner of HP
- Hyagrivas Technologies
- Sun info media
- GazOne (An Automatic gas cylinder booking using IOT) – Selected for IoT challenge @ IIT Bombay.
- Automation on Railway Ticket Checking System – Recognized by Smart India Hackathon 2017
- Automation on Street Light Control – Recognized by Smart India Hackathon 2017
- Geo Tagging Enabled Application for CSR Activities – in Collaboration with Coimbatore Corporation.
- GIS Enabled Blood Donor Mobile Application.
- GIS Enabled Property Finder Web Application.
- Crowd Sourcing Platform For Collecting Information about Water Resources and Monitoring Water Purity in Water Resources.