Computer Science Engineering
About the Department
Computer Science Engineering (CSE) is one of the popular domains among engineering aspirants which focuses on the basic elements of computer programming. It incorporates a variety of topics that relates to computation like analysis of algorithms, programming languages, application design and computer software. Students pursuing computer science programs will gain knowledge of design, implementation and management of Information Systems.
The B.E. program in Computer Science and Engineering at Karpagam Institute of Technology was started in the year 2009. The main focus of the Department is to produce graduates with strong fundamentals in Computer Science and Engineering Domain. Computer Science and Engineering programme is designed to create globally competent manpower for the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) industry.
From The HOD’s Desk
The gains in education are never really lost. The object of teaching a student is to enable him to get along without his teacher.
Building positive relationships with students bring me joy. It is their needs and diverse experiences that make my job exciting and rewarding and gave me a wonderful opportunity for exchanging and sharpening the knowledge; for stimulating interest and curiosity in a variety of subjects which are essential to true education.
Dr. P. MayilvelKumar M.E., Ph.D
To prepare students into technically competent professionals to meet the emerging needs of the industry and the society.
To impart high quality education and training with an emphasis on the basic concepts of computer science and engineering.
To tie-up links with industry through partnerships and inculcating innovation and entrepreneurship skills in students.
To groom the students to be industry ready to meet the changing requirements of the industry
To improve Department Industry collaboration through internships and by organizing seminars / workshops.
To imbibe social responsibility in students to serve the society and protect environment.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
The graduates will be competent professionals with the knowledge in the field of Computer science necessary to solve real time problems through value based education.
To enable the students to develop innovative ideas in establishing themselves as professionals and entrepreneurs in the computing industry.
To serve the humanity with social responsibility combined with ethical values.
- Operating System Lab
- Data Structures Lab
- Mobile Application Development Lab
- Algorithm Lab
- Database Management System Lab
- Big Data Analytics Lab
- Web Programming Lab
- Network Security Lab
- Compiler Design Lab
- Case Tools Lab
- IoT Lab
- Infosys Limited
- Linux Xpert Systems
- Gateway Software Solutions- Delivery partner of HP
- Hyagrivas Technologies
- Sun info media
- GazOne (An Automatic gas cylinder booking using IOT) – Selected for IoT challenge @ IIT Bombay.
- Automation on Railway Ticket Checking System – Recognized by Smart India Hackathon 2017
- Automation on Street Light Control – Recognized by Smart India Hackathon 2017
- Geo Tagging Enabled Application for CSR Activities – in Collaboration with Coimbatore Corporation.
- GIS Enabled Blood Donor Mobile Application.
- GIS Enabled Property Finder Web Application.
- Crowd Sourcing Platform For Collecting Information about Water Resources and Monitoring Water Purity in Water Resources.